Pupil Premium Grant
At Telferscot every child enjoys the best opportunities to succeed.
At Telferscot Primary School we:
- Ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils regardless of background
- Ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- Improve provision for socially disadvantaged pupils - we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and also that not all pupils who do not receive free school meals will be socially advantaged.
Consequently, we recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
Pupil Premium Grant will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time.
The range of provision at Telferscot includes:
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher focussed on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1:1 support with a teacher or TA
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through trained Teaching Assistants or Teachers particularly in reading and mathematics
- Before or after school booster classes
- Funding trips and after-school clubs to enrich the pupils education.
All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress moving children to at least age related expectations.