Vision and Values
We are an inclusive and creative school community. We have high academic expectations and aspirations for all of our children. We strive to equip our children with the skills and confidence to be lifelong learners and active citizens of the local area, London and the wider world.
At Telferscot we have a set of principles for learning which underpin everything we do. These are to:
Motivate And Challenge
Encouraging children to reach their full potential
Creative And Inspirational
Engaging interest and a love of learning through our vibrant curriculum
Life Long Learning
Equipping our children for their journey through life
All learners have full access to a range of opportunities
Collaboration And Family Learning
Working together in the spirit of community
Respect And Resilience
Developing positive self-esteem and the skills for success
In order to achieve these principles for learning all children will:
- Be polite and co-operative
- Understand and show respect for themselves, the needs and rights of others and the environment.
- Feel valued, confident and be self motivated.
- Take some responsibility for their own learning and be self disciplined.
- Contribute fully and show commitment to the school and society.
- Achieve their full potential across the curriculum.
- Develop appreciation and respect for own and others cultural and spiritual background.
- Have a positive attitude towards work and themselves.
- Feel included and supported in order to make individual choices in their lives.