The government provides additional funding to help improve the quality of sport and Physical Education, this is known as Sports Premium. Over the last Year, Telferscot Primary School has received £19,359 in Sports Premium funding.
At Telferscot we will use the funding to meet the aims to:
- Purchase high quality PE equipment after an audit.
- Enable quality enrichment to the provision through yoga and dance led by professional tutors
- Swimming for years 2, 3, and 4 on a rolling programme
- Extra swimming sessions for years 4, 5 and 6 non-swimmers
- Consult with pupils, parents and staff on their opinion on the direction Physical Education and sport at Telferscot (part of parent survey 2018)
- Pay to join in Borough competitive sporting competitions
- Intra school (House) competitions, which will be across the school to increase exposure to competitive sport, especially for those pupils not in school teams.
- Provide opportunities for children to be involved in healthy lifestyle promoting activities
If you would like to learn more about Sports Premium at our school, please download the ‘Use of PE Grant at Telferscot Primary School’ and the ‘PE Action Plan – Funding’ from this page.